Friday, August 13, 2010

Second try at product photography

My second attempt at product photography I was much more successful. I balanced out the lights on each side to reduce the shadows. The right side was still a little bit stronger but that will be easy to balance out. I used Raw settings to get a good white balance. The biggest problems I have now are camera shake and front lighting.

This image is out of focus. I was using a tripod with a long shutter speed but I think that the camera moved slightly when I pushed the button giving the slight shake. The front of the figure was also much to dark and had to be digitally enhanced. My lights were slightly pointed forward giving a shadow across the face. I need to add a third light to give a little light on the front, nothing strong.




I need to set the timer on the camera for a few seconds after I push the button to allow the shake to go away. A light near the front with a indirect source will help with the front be light up.

A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into.  ~Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment