Sunday, January 30, 2011

Realizations

I have been thinking a lot about what I like in photography lately. I like a lot of photographers but generally I shy away from snapshot photographers. I do not care for pictures of people just doing things with no planning. A person can be photographed with a good composition and good lighting by thinking the shot through. When shooting I often like to just sit back and view the area until I decide where I think might work. The only time this doesn't apply is children and I think taking unplanned photos is the best way to capture the true essence of child. Interacting with them and playing with them is important. But it is still no excuse for a bad composition.

The type of photography I really like is more surreal photography. I like HDR, I like saturated images, I like odd images like Dave Lachapelle. I don't care as much about capturing a moment in time. I like a story or an image that makes you wonder. I do like other types of photography. I love landscapes, portraits, still life, but I see everyday life everyday. I want to see more. I want to wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment