Monday, June 20, 2011

The Thrill of the Hunt

I have always had an interest in photographing wildlife. Animals are beautiful creatures that can be captured in such pure, amazing ways. Living in a mid-size city had made it a distant dream. Occasional I photograph the sparrows that fly around my house, when I visited the National Zoo I loved photographing the animals even though it felt like cheating to me, but today two hawks were flying around my house and I ran inside and got my camera and spent 45 minutes capturing images as they flew from tree to tree. I loved it. It was exhilarating and wonderful. I realized that while I was sitting there scanning the trees, watching for when one would show its beak and give me that perfect shot that I somewhat understood hunters. In my own way I was enjoying the thrill of the hunt the same way a hunter does. Of course my way involved no innocent animals being slaughtered for sport and I hopefully got some cool pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment